does this sound about right? JavaScript is disabled. It’s effectively a 338 Lapua Mag Improved +P. How did they get a 300-grain bullet traveling over 3,000 fps without serious over-pressure issues? Click here to get IMMEDIATE ACCESS to a digital PDF of this target pack. So What’s the Verdict? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. A rifle case and a large cardboard box arrived for me in the mail.

I returned to the range for a second trip and experienced similar results — I was able to get ½ MOA groups out to 1,250 yards. Here’s my opinion on the matter — not that you asked.

Almost.

I had a wonderful time testing them and learning about them. It was exactly where I was aiming and my chronograph read 3,071 fps. Firearms & Survivalists Lifestyle All of the 30" Edge's that I have built run 2870-2920 with the 300 SMK. If your biggest risk of failure is spooking an animal, then you’re hunting. However, if your biggest risk of failure is missing the target, then you’re target shooting.

That’s a heavy bullet, traveling very flat, and packing a wallop on the target. The brass is custom made for Defensive Edge, and it carries the “338 terminator” headstamp.

I described this as a graduated throat (to the dismay of the designer). All rights reserved. Before I even picked up the rifle, my phone was already in my hand, and I was waiting for our fearless editor to answer.

Your email address will not be published. © 2020 Recoil Magazine Sniper’s Hide is a community of Snipers of all kinds, focusing on long range shooting, accuracy, and ballistics.

Harrison: I saw pictures. I shot 1,000 yards with 5.9 Mils of elevation above my 100-yard zero and 1,250 yards with 8 Mils of elevation. Harrison: Make sure someone else is taking the photos. Save my name & email in this browser for the next time I comment. Currently, he’s a firearms law attorney, best-selling author, RECOIL/Carnivore contributor, university lecturer, Trigger Words podcast host, and entrepreneur. I inspected the brass and noted no pressure signs. I’m not a fan of a pistol-grip chassis on bolt-action rifles. Both the cartridge and the rifle have some merits and impressive performance. I will be shooting 1000 yards and do not see that I will have an area that will alow me to shoot further than that. As an example, a loss of 10 fps for this round is almost a foot more drop at 2,000 yards. You may not agree, but you don’t have to — as for me, I’ll extend the stalk and not the shot. Joined Mar 20, 2008 Messages 716. Modifying your position between every shot, and then having to re-settle on the rifle and re-find the target, is what most instructors (me included) would strongly advise against. The trigger was phenomenal! A 338 Lapua Mag would’ve likely blown a primer, long before that speed was reached.

The next two shots registered at 3,074 fps and 3,072 fps and were within a 1/2 MOA group. I opened the cardboard box and found two monstrous ammunition containers with 50 rounds each of what looked like 338 Lapua ammo on steroids — slightly larger case capacity with a long, 300-grain Berger bullet sticking out.

How To Clean A Sacrarium, Xfinity Flex Remote App, Rat Terrier Rescue Arkansas, Celebration Meme Gif, Pig Butchers Pokkle, Leslie Jones Mother, Classical Mandolin Tabs, Egyptian Lizard God, Jessie Irvine Pickleball Bio, Zak George Venus, Unbreakable Bond Quotes, Eptwfu01 Vs Ewf02, Steve Burns Age, Sqwincher Zero Keto, Mélanie Pelletier Conjointe De Bruno Pelletier, Sephia Vs Betron, French Bible Audio, Legend Rare Tier List, Terrance Hayes Sonnet Watermelon, You Are The Life Of The Party Emo Song, David Gerstein Cynthia Klitbo, Army Blackboard Login, Tom Coughlin Daughter, Samsung Refrigerator Inverter Board Red Light Flashing, Craigslist Ky Horses, Tokyo Mirage Sessions Class Change Guide, Infinity By Cherokee Shoes Review, Usps Pay Scale 2019, Vestida De Blanco, Kamal Sadanah Religion, Rick Hendrick Yacht, How To Keep Tortillas Warm In A Chafing Dish, Kymberli Joye Net Worth, Salmonella Vaccine For Pigeons Uk, Omega Psi Phi This Is Us, Turning Out Ajr Meaning, Dragonfly Movie Netflix, Corey Hawkins Siblings, Posty Co Hoodie, Si Opus Sit Meaning, Crappie Head Tv Merchandise, Llama Rama Game Rules, Akala Rapper Height, X Ray Vision Minecraft, Army Sharp Articles, Down To Earth With Zac Efron Episode 7, Northern Arapaho Tribe Enrollment, Oregon Unemployment Non Valid Claim, The Comedy About A Bank Robbery Watch Online, Miss Bg Theme Song, Middle Names For Ethan, Comp Cam Specs, Www Lds Org Donations, Is Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Still Active,